Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Promises

"No se vaya!" 4-year old Jori latches onto my leg, making his irresistible puppy dog face. I turn to his positive deviant mother, Paola, and notice her eyes swelling up a little.

We have a little over a month left, and our Ecuadorian families are already beginning to worry about missing us after our departure, and vice versa. I don't think it has settled in how fast the next month will come by... and just how much I am going to miss Ecuador and the numerous friends we have made along the way.

I made a promise to Paola, and my other hijitas y abuelitas, that I will one day come back and give them free health services once I am actually qualified to do so (that is, on a professional level). So now you have it. It's posted. And I am not one to go back on my word.

Nos vemos :)


Jori being a ferocious tiger



Paola, fellow PD Holly, and Jori

No comments: